On Tue, 2002-11-19 at 22:17, Darrell May wrote:

> Rasjid Wilcox <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:
>
> > Gordon is right.  There is not need to worry about mailrules on local
> > interfaces.
>
> If you think about it, there is tremendous possibles if you can define
> separate internal and external rules. I think we are all on the same page
> about blocking external inbound. However, something that is very important
> to schools and in some corporate environments is the ability to
> block/restrict internal mail either outbound or to defined local addresses
> only.
>
> Some local interface examples:
>
> SCHOOLS:
> - restrict all students so they can e-mail local addresses only
> - restrict Billy (he's been bad) to only e-mail local teachers

A K-12 school that we have had some associations with has cut off
internet access completely for their students a year or two ago when one
of them sent a death threat email to the president.  Someone from the
feds (FBI, Secret Service, CIA, one of the letter agencies) showed up
and many people feared.

The above mentioned restrictions would be great selling points to school
administrators.

rob