On Sun, 15 Dec 2002, Darrell May wrote:

> - any that use IMAP
> 5.6 IMAP server has changed the port (now 147/notls I believe) and the

Not correct. The port has not changed. It is the standard IMAP port. The
"147/notls" specification is a special designation understood by the
c-client library distributed with U of Washington IMAP, which it
interprets as meaning port 147, but don't use TLS. Other IMAP clients
won't grok that specification.

> handling of IMAP mail folders via internalizing the .mailboxlist file.

I don't know what you mean by "internalizing the .mailboxlist file".

> This means all IMAP contribs need updating.

Not necessarily. The IMAP changes are:

- folders have been moved into ~/Mail and "Mail/" is implicit in IMAP
access to folders. For any IMAP access where a folder prefix has not been
set, there will be no visible change.

- STARTTLS is now offered to IMAP clients as an option, so some IMAP
clients will automatically choose to use TLS. In default configuration,
many of these clients will reject the TLS certificate which is offered, as
it is self-signed, and therefore not signed by a trusted authority.

> So, if SME5.6B7 + updates is considered to be the suggested SME5.6GPL
> release there is a lot of work for the community to do.

I'd be surprised and dissappointed if nobody had thought of updating their
contribs before now.

Lead Product Developer
Network Server Solutions Group
Mitel Networks Corporation      http://www.mitel.com/smallbusiness
Phone: +1 (613) 592 5660 or 592 2122  Fax: +1 (613) 592 1175