On Fri, Dec 27, 2002 at 10:47:09PM -0500, Jeremy McNicoll <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I was playing around with VMWARE and SME the other day and I noticed
> that SME would not install using an ISO image on my hard drive or even
> booting off the CDROM.
> [...]

Curious - we do both in VMware, frequently, inhouse. We set up VMware to
use ISO image files as the CDROM and boot from real CDROMs as well. We
also use kickstart files similar to the one you used for other purposes.

You shouldn't need this kickstart file to boot from an SME Server CDROM
or copy of the ISO image. I'd guess you might need to play with some
VMware settings, or you have a very old version of VMware which doesn't
allow you to select ISO image files (though that doesn't explain not
booting from physical CDROM).

Alternatively, do you perhaps have a bad ISO image/CDROM - have you
confirmed the MD5SUM?

Gordon
--
 Gordon Rowell                         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 Director, Engineering