On Thu, Jan 09, 2003 at 09:38:54AM +0200, Brandon Friedman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> Hi
>  Isoqlog compiling:
>  I am looking to create a rpm for isoqlog on sme (Isoqlog is a maillog file
>  analysis tool). I am just not sure which version of RH to compile on ?
>  Should I be compiling serperate version for 5.5 and 5,6?

Unless they have specific kernel dependencies, binaries compiled for
5.5 should work on 5.6, so RH7.2 is a good choice.

>  Nagging question:
>  Yup sorry to pester you all, just wanting to find out the release date of
>  the GPL sme 5.6?

As I have said many times before, "We do not pre-announce release dates".

>  Been running and testing the beta but not happy to set it up as a
>  poduction box.... the down side is that I need the 2.4 kernel drivers!

This is a development list. Whether you choose to use developer releases
on your production servers is entirely up to you. The 5.6 developer
release will be just as unsupported as 5.6beta7 - our only supported
release is our commercial release.

<rant>
Quite frankly, such nagging is more likely to reduce our priority on
putting together a final 5.6 developer release or decide to just release
the source RPMs and not bother with an ISO image. I think we would all
lose if we made that decision.
</rant>

Gordon
--
 Gordon Rowell                         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 Director, Engineering