In article
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Charlie Brady) wrote:

> On Fri, 31 Jan 2003, Brandon Friedman wrote:
>
> > I agree Peter, it is a bit of a dirty fix but it works....if you can
> > improve it please let me know how!
>
> He has, hasn't he?

What wasn't mentioned in Brandon's original post, and what you seem to be
ignoring, is the problems SME presents to those who want a network server
with secure mail and net access facilities, but who do not want to, or are
unable to, host their own mail and web servers. The e-smith product's
single biggest problem is its need for the server to have the company
domain name so that both internal and external mail can be processed
correctly to a single email address per user. This blocks access to the
company website at an ISP host both for updates, and to use facilities the
site may provide. It makes company calendar and internal-external
co-worker cooperation almost impossible. Brandon's offering solves these
difficulties at a stroke.

I followed his Howto and it worked instantly and perfectly. I'm now able
to reconsider SME for my clients where I could not do so in standard form.

Well done Brandon.

Ed Form