Hello Otto

We have several (E-Smith) servers equipped with ICP Vortex controllers.

The GDTH driver is not in the 5.6 install build.
You must install this on from the additional (block device) driver disk
which can be built from CD using the rawwrite tools and the image.

I upgraded one ICP equipped server from 5.5 to 5.6b7 - ok - and the same one
from 5.6b7 to 5.6 - ok. But this one booted on a SCSI-CD attached to an
onboard Adaptec.

But another from 5.5 to 5.6 - problems (first kickstart errors ... who did
not disappear after loading the GDTH driver from Floppy ...). This server
was booted from a SCSI CD attached to the ICP - no chance. We put an IDE
CD-ROM into the machine and booted from this one.

Would be good to build a 5.6 release with integrated GDTH support - but I
didn't have the time nor do I have much experience to do so. A boot install
floppy might be enough...

I did not yet a fresh install 5.6 with an ICP equipped server.

Please let me know if anyone builts a 5.6 install floppy with GDTH support,
thanks.

Regards
Hans-Ulrich Flueck