I'm wondering if others have tried other tape backup products (other than
flexbackup) with Mitel MAS 6000 (5.5 - 5.6).

I'm trying to do three things:

1.  restore individual files _from_ _tape_.
I found the
  "how to restore individual files from disk using flexbackup on e-smith"
file but I need to be able to restore individual files from tape.
I am trying to copy the tape file onto the hard drive, mount it, and
then proceed according to the HOWTO.  I'm an optimist.

2. Backup across multiple tapes.
Since the HD is 72 Gig and the tape is 2 Gig (4mm DAT) I'll need a
backup product that allows spanning volumes... at least for the first
backup.

3. I'd like the backup system to be controlled from a Windows
GUI since that's what the ofice has for client boxes (MAS 6000
will be the first Linux box.)

Does anyone know of a tape backup system that will allow me to do these
things?

I thought BRU might but I cannot get an answer from them about how to
have windows GUI control of the Linux BRU process.
Amanda looks suitable (and the right price) so I'm starting to review
their documentation to be sure.

Thanks in advance,

Eric Lucas