Hello Charlie,

CB> It makes me wonder that a web application needs kernel headers to compile.
CB> What is the web application doing which is kernel version specific? That
CB> sounds like a bogus dependency to me.

It seemed so to me until the compile failed.  On my SME 5.6U2 test box
it successfully compiled only after installing: kernel-headers-2.4.9-34.i386.rpm

after having already installed:  kernel-source-2.4.18-5.i386.rpm

This WAS interesting after learning as Darrell MAy stated that the
headers are now bundled with the source packages... which I found out
was the reason I found no matching headers package for the source
version.

--
Best regards,
 Craig                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]