Howdy list,

I am trying to get a working client for the dshield project working, for
background please read this thread:

http://www.e-smith.org/bboard//read.php?f=3&i=31697&t=31697

Now I do have the ipchains script that they have working (because I am using
5.5), but the script looks for "input DENY" entries in the messages log, and
mine does not have any? I did do a grep "input DENY" from / which took ages
but did not find anything, which is could be good as then I have not ever
been attacked or not good as this information is not being logged?

Now there are scripts for snort but I do not wish to add more complexity to
this, that and snort does not work for people using 56k modems.

So I was just wondering what do I need to do to enable this type of logging,
or where it is kept, so I can change the script to point to that file.

Thanks,

Cyrus Bharda