> A simple mail to "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" would have been sufficient,
> rather than a mail to over 700 recipients of the list.

I didn't realize not being able to find the SRPMS was a bug :-)

Sorry to abuse the list, but I have to agree with Hsing-Foo's comments. The
rift between Darrell and Mitel is well documented and goes well beyond
professionalism and into personal territory. You (meaning Mitel) should keep
it out of this list and off the forums by moderating your tendancy for
overblown responses. Had anyone other than Darrell posed the question, even
phrased in exactly the same manner, the responses would have been quite a
bit different and much less vitriolic.

This is devinfo. Where else would you expect to ask the question, "I want to
start looking at doing development for 6.0. Where can I find the SRPMS? If
they are not posted, could you please do so at your convenience." Darrell
was quite right and correct and polite in his inquiry. The admonition that
"comments and such to [EMAIL PROTECTED]" notwithstanding. I wouldn't have thought
the question inappropriate for devinfo and would not have thought to pose it
to smebugs.

I hate to go into the issues of not holding beta dialogs in public. However,
I don't even bother to look at the betas anymore. Why? Because I found I
spent time on issues that others had already found and solved, but because
there's no public beta review, or at least a live listing of beta findings,
I didn't know. Sorry, but I have better ways to waste my time. Until we have
either a beta forum or [EMAIL PROTECTED], my only interest in beta
releases is to read the change log.

Scott