Hi.

I asked about this on the forums w/out luck.  It is related to
the Squidguard contrib.

Squidguard 3.2 is running on my server (SME Server 5.5 Update6-02).
I have access remotely to the server-manager.  I get completely
different results when I access the 'squidguard panel' within
Server-Manager remotely as opposed to within my local network as follows:

When adding domains (or anything for that matter) to the untrusted
list within the squidguard panel (Content Filtering) I get these
results...
(A. and B. below).

A. from within my lan, on a client machine, I get long delays (up to
10 seconds, or more) before completion of the addition and I get the
error page...

"Action canceled
Internet Explorer was unable to link to the Web page you requested.
The page might be temporarily unavailable."

The process is completed successfully and the addition is indicated in
the 'view' page there is just the re-direction to the above error page.

B. from remote access to the server-manager, I get a page indicating
' Finished. New record "url-domain-changed" has been added.  You can
return to the Interface by pressing your back button.'
This occurs within only a few seconds (very quickly).
And, of course, the addition is successful.

The pertinent portion of the file
(/usr/local/squidGuard/www/squidguard.php) which handles the edit
process of adding/removing entries is below:

/* If remove is disabled */

        print "<font face=\"Arial\" size=\"4\"><b>Adding \"$thedata\" to the
        $dirlocation $datafile file. <BR></b></font>\n";

        $Open = fopen ($TheFile, "a");

        if ($Open) {

        fwrite ($Open, "$thedata\n");
        fclose ($Open);

        print "Finished. New record \"$thedata\" has been
        added.<BR>You can return to the Interface by pressing your
        back button.<BR>\n"; exec ('sudo /etc/rc.d/init.d/squid restart'); exit;
}}}

Looking at this as well as the other code for the submit action, I
see nothing that would cause any difference.

Does anyone recognize a reason for this difference?  Something to do
with the actions of the panels when accessed from within the local
network as opposed to these actions when accessed remotely...

--
Best regards,
 Craig Jensen                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]