> Kolab. The major functionality that is missing from Kolab is
> the fileserver bits (Samba, ftpd of some kind, and rsync).

Getting true MS Exchange replacement would be the ultimate killer app
and Kolab might well be the road forward. However, to get Kolab
interacting with MS Outlook you still need a third-party plug-in. Right
now the only GPL plug-in is in the planning stage
(http://kolab.kde.org/kolab-plugins.html) and the commercial one
(Bynari) doesn't really require Kolab to work. So at this stage I don't
see much added value in completely overhauling SME only to accomodate
Kolab. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Michiel