Peter Schubert wrote:

Hi List,

why we do not use sourceforge.net for e-smith/SME ?

Best
Peter Schubert

-- Please report bugs to [EMAIL PROTECTED] Please mail [EMAIL PROTECTED] (only) to discuss security issues Support for registered customers and partners to [EMAIL PROTECTED] To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Searchable archive at http://www.mail-archive.com/devinfo%40lists.e-smith.org

One advantage to using gforge is gforge is what Sourceforge would have been if we'd been allowed to finish it. However the major disadvantage is that to roll out your own Gforge box you'd need hardware and bandwidth......

Sourceforge would be good but be aware of their new terms and conditions. Pat McGovern the head of SF.net and one of my old bosses has recently changed them. At least with sf.net you get the mailing lists cvs (e-smith doesnt fit in cvs).

SF really is mean for projects - this is a distro - not a MP3 player... I dont know whether you'd be accepted because you'd need to pull a lot of bandwidth -300mb a time. Most projects on there are 20mb and below. SW is 25mb and that was pushing it and we did get moaned at.

Hence SF.net would be a non starter - find a few academic mirrors for iso mirroring (I can provide you a fast mirror) and find yourself a host and build your OWN GForge box.

Richard