On Thu, Apr 19, 2001 at 10:37:08PM +1200, David McNab wrote:
> "Houston, we have a problem..."
>
> Freenet's reliability and performance have been suffering terribly at present.

I have observed the opposite.  I suspect that the problem may be that
your Freenet node will only become efficient at finding information if
requests are frequently made from it, or if it has been around long
enough that requests tend to get routed through it.

I set up a new freenet node on a completely fresh machine just
yesterday, and while initially requests were slow (but eventually
successful), they got faster with time as my node learned more about the
network topology.

Ian.

PGP signature