On Sat, Oct 19, 2002 at 12:41:21AM -0400, David Allen wrote:
<>
> Currently, the behavior of fred is to load the default document from a
> mapfile when a nonexistant document name is requested.  I.e.
> SSK@Zk3lWHDM6VzA5k4nZWOq5xPl1rkPAgM/FreenetGallery/1//doesnt/exist.txt
> returns the front page.

This is easy to do at the freenet client level, though it is not
immediately clear how it should fail: by actually failing the entire
request processes at that point, or by treating the parsed metadata as
the last document in the chain. I checked in a patch that does the
former (I hope) - as somebody said the code in
question is in GetRequestProcess.

I have no idea how fproxy will react to this (considering it's
cludginess level, probably badly), so somebody should test it.

--

Oskar Sandberg