That is a rediculously conservative approach for any software, let-alone
a beta product.  It would virtually guarantee that we don't get a
release for perhaps two months, while actively *discouraging* people
from fixing minor bugs since that would further delay the release.

Even Mozilla, with their 1.0 release did not have such a rediculously
conservative approach.  Be realistic.  0.5 doesn't have to be perfect,
it merely has to be more stable that 0.3 (since technically 0.3 is the
code that we are recommending people use until 0.5 is released).  It met
that criteria a LONG time ago.

Ian.