On Sunday 20 October 2002 20:40, you wrote:

> > On Sun, Oct 20, 2002 at 05:36:17PM -0700, Scott Miller wrote:
> > On Sun, Oct 20, 2002 at 08:28:16PM -0400, Sascha Noyes wrote:
> > >
> > > Maybe I'm just ignorant, but hasn't it already been mentioned that jre
> > > 1.4.1 is a _beta_ which causes some problems with freenet. Perhaps it's
> > > a good idea to test freenet on non-beta runtime environments?

> > I'm trying freenet-0.5pre5.tgz.
>
> I just tried whats in CVS, and I get:
>
>  WARNING: This Splitfile requires an obsolete decoder (OnionDecoder_0)
> which is not supported. Ask the content author to re-insert it in a
> supported format.
>
> Attempting non-redundant download. This will fail if even a single block
> isn't retrievable.
>

> ...which is way better than a NullPointer.
>
>       Scott

That's what it's supposed to do.

The old plugin code was buggy and I figured that there were so few people
actually using it that it wasn't worth the effort to maintain backward
compatibility.

If you want to test it out just insert something larger than 1Mb from fproxy
and it will be inserted as a FEC SplitFile.

--gj