After over a year of development, several rewrites of various parts of
the code, and dramatic enhancements to every aspect of operation, the
First new stable release of Freenet in over 14 months is finally ready.
Thanks go to the developers, our patient users, Freesite authors, and
everyone else that contributed. In particular, thanks go to Matthew
Toseland, without whom this release would still be vaporware.

Matthew was able to make this great contribution because the Freenet
Project covered his living expenses for the past two months. On the 11th
of November, Matthew will no longer be able to work full-time unless
more people donate, so please give whatever you can spare at our
Donations page.

Freenet 0.5 can be downloaded from our website at
http://freenetproject.org/.

Enjoy.

Ian Clarke,
Freenet Project Coordinator