Dave Hooper wrote:

> > BTW, I was able to download a very large file from Freenet for the first
> > time today (having not tried for 6 months).  I'm amazed how well FEC and
> > Freenet in general are working right now.  Great work, all!
>
> I'm still having problems with FEC.  It seems after downloading the first
> segment, and doing this healing, it will almost bring up the "Download
> aborted.  This may be because the client dropped the connection or the
> download was cancelled manually" message.
> What does that actually *mean* ?  When it says the client dropped the

case 0:
The FEC download code monitors the socket that the HTTP GET request for the
FEC download (the actual download, not the status ui) came in on.  When that
socket is no longer there it aborts the request.

This keeps abandoned requests from being processes all the way until they have
data to send (at which point they would die with an IO error trying to write
to the bad socket).

case 1:
You can also get this error if there is ansynchronous error during the
request. e.ge. out of disk space.

Matthew recently tighened up the temp space requirements.  Maybe you don't
have enough temp space?