Default ulimit -n on my (debian) system is 1024. I have no changes in
/etc/security/limits.conf. I hear that BSD has an actual fixed size
table, but I assumed linux was less braindead. It is. But it imposes a
default of 1024 anyway. Wonderful. Is this the same on other
distributions? Yes, I know they use up kernel memory, but on a modern
architecture machine with a gigabyte of RAM... I am therefore setting
the default maxConnections on the NIO branch down to 256. GRRR.
--
Matthew J Toseland - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
GPG key lost in last few weeks, new key on keyservers