On Tue, Jun 17, 2003 at 12:59:14AM +0200, Frank v Waveren spake thusly:
> You don't happen to have a low maximum filesize (RLIMIT_FSIZE)
> resource limit?

Hmm...I didn't set such a thing. ulimit -a says:

bash-2.05b$ ulimit -a
core file size        (blocks, -c) 0
data seg size         (kbytes, -d) unlimited
file size             (blocks, -f) 4096
max locked memory     (kbytes, -l) unlimited
max memory size       (kbytes, -m) unlimited
open files                    (-n) 1024
pipe size          (512 bytes, -p) 8
stack size            (kbytes, -s) unlimited
cpu time             (seconds, -t) unlimited
max user processes            (-u) unlimited
virtual memory        (kbytes, -v) unlimited

How the heck... Ah-ha. Someone suggested putting ulimit 4096 in the
start-freenet.sh script so it wouldn't run out of fd's when making lots of
connections when I'm running my nio test node. I copied their suggestion
without thinking and then forgot about it. I need a -n in there. Thanks
for the pointer, Frank.  And sorry bothering you folks with a stupid
problem.

And actually, as it turns out the person who suggested that was on crack
because you need to change NR_OPEN among other things in the kernel
headers to get more than 1024 fd's anyhow.

--
Tracy Reed
http://ultraviolet.org