Hello,

Its just really unfortunate that we were told about NBIO so late in the migration to non-blocking architecture; the NBIO api has some not-so-trivial to overcome differences from java.nio; more specifically the lack of ByteBuffers and attachments will require very major infrastructural changes in our code.

Had I/we known about that library 3 months ago, NBIO would have definitely been prefered over java.nio even if only because of political reasons.

That being said, we're using only a limited set of java.nio which I described earlier. So if you or anyone can provide a facade interface to NBIO that will emulate those specific capabilities, and that implementation is proven not to be significantly heavier than java.nio we'll gladly reconsider.