Stable build 5009 is now available. Please upgrade using the update
utility. Major changes (much of this is unattributed work of others):
* Added a default upload bandwidth limit of 12kB/sec. Hopefully all
  sane users will explicitly set a limit in the config file. Since
  download follows upload pretty closely, this should effectively limit
  non-local traffic as well. Paranoid users should set symmetrical
  limits, but we are likely to be vulnerable to traffic analysis even
  then - it's a hard problem, however the amount of information it gives
  an attacker is limited. Anyway, the idea here is that if there is a
  sane default, advanced users will change it and newbies will let it
  be, rather than switching to transient when some idiot tells them it
  will stop freenet taking all their bandwidth.
* Increased the maximum splitfile block retries to 50. Hopefully this
  won't generate too much additional traffic; if it does, tough - we
  need freenet to be able to handle reasonable load, since we do not
  control client app authors. The advantage is that once the file is
  once resurrected, other users will fetch it more quickly rather than
  doing multiple failed fetches.
* New splitfile download block icon, from Bill Currie, to indicate that
  a block is actually transferring data.
* Improved config file/unix installation descriptions of parameters.
* Catch the error when we run on a pre-NIO JVM, and show a usable error
  message explaining this to the user.
* Fixed a typo in DefaultInfolet
* Some speed and memory improvements in the datastore
* Log some errors that aren't our fault less aggressively
* Add isClosed to NIO*Stream, isInClosed and isOutClosed to
  (tcp)Connection, and use them to fix downloads through the browser
  (hopefully, not tested by me yet).
* NIO tweaking: demote a job to the end of the queue after a successful
  but incomplete write, to prevent starvation, some minor speedups and
  refactoring, change the error catching logic a bit.
* Don't use empty JARs in the update script (greycat).
* Fixes the the GCJ Makefile
* Fix a NullPointerException in ConnectionHandler
* Fix ARK fetches (AutoBackoffNodeRequester.getURI())
--
Matthew J Toseland - [EMAIL PROTECTED]