Ok, some of you may not like this, but if a windows user is advanced enough to know what the settings on the advanced and geek tabs do, they should also be advanced enough to edit the .ini files themselves. The config tool as it is quite intimidating in its complexity to new users. The reaction on zeropaid is representative of the better-than-average p2p users, and if we want to be of average complexity to the average user, the zeropaid crows should qualify Freenet as "easy". They didn't say its complex, but didn't say its easy either.

How about we remove the options of the advanced, geek and fproxy tabs, and spread out the options on the first tab out? If we had one or two configurable options per tab it would be easier to digest, more idiot-friendly, also wizard-like. Of course, having a config wizard would be the best, but these changes can be done only by commenting out code and copy-pasting things around.