The bottom line is that if these issues persist and can't be worked
around then we should back-merge to pre-NIO and continue from there
with NGrouting.

As you can see the reports are contradicting, and I bet that at least two thirds of those who report freezing have not read the README file and have not set LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.2.5, or are not using the startup script which should set it automatically. (that is an educated bet after talking with several of them on #freenet ;))

But as long as both the nio and non-nio branches are kept reasonably up to date and no code is thrown out, everybody (and that includes the kaffe people) should be happy.