Various details have led us to the conclusion that NGRouting will not
work effectively unless we implement connection multiplexing first.
Proposal:

New presentation protocol version representing MUXing mode.

If we are in MUXing mode:

4 bytes - session identifier. Allocated by the sender, see below.

0 => message. Parse it, schedule it.
!= 0 => trailing field chunk. The number identifies which one, since
we can have multiple trailing fields.

2 bytes - length of chunk. Included on BOTH trailing chunks and
messages - this makes accumulating and parsing easier.

A message with a trailing field attached will contain an extra field
indicating the session identifier, but the message will be sent as a
message, and the trailing field will not start until the next chunk.

We will of course implement back compatibility for the current protocol.

Comments?
--
Matthew J Toseland - [EMAIL PROTECTED]