On Tue, 2003-09-23 at 21:49, Edward J. Huff wrote:
> Zlatin Balevsky <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> posted a stack dump.
> I looked at it, and wondered, "how did he do that?"
>
> So I googled "java stack dump" and found out:
>   kill -QUIT `cat freenet.pid`
>
> Shortly thereafter, my node became compute bound.
>
> Sun recommends for compute bound tasks, you should take
> several dumps.

See
http://developer.java.sun.com/developer/onlineTraining/Programming/JDCBook/stack.html

Also, after I ran stop.freenet.sh (which is kill `cat freenet.pid`),
I noticed that the node was still running.  I made another stack
dump before it managed to exit.  I'm looking at that now.

--
Edward J. Huff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>