On Wed, Oct 01, 2003 at 04:50:40AM -0700, Tracy R Reed spake thusly:
> Last good build should ALWAYS be CURRENT_BUILD - 1. This way  brand new
> nodes will have someone to talk to but we will only be talking to the most

Well, I finally got javac installed on my machine. It wasn't nearly the
pain I remember it being. I am compiling all of my own nodes from source
now and setting lastgood to 6214 and I encourage others to do the same. If
you need a jar let me know and I'll give you a copy of mine. If each build
really is getting better on average this *will* help. If it isn't it won't
of course.

Also, for several days I have been pruning my datastore to enforce a
strong specialization using a script I have written and noticed very
little correlation with keys being requested. It would appear that other
nodes are not learning or that perhaps node connection turnover is so high
that I don't talk to any one node long enough for it to make enough
requests to learn anything.

--
Tracy Reed
http://copilotconsulting.com