Hi,

I guess this is mainly directed at Ian. The Production Network appears
to be running well on 692 and I would like to see freenetproject.org
endorse this move and make it more "official" - hosting the proper software
etc for those who want to use it. The update script would, I guess, also
need to be modified so that when there is a forced upgrade, people get
the right thing (and don't end up on the Development Network).

It probably wouldn't hurt if the Development Network moved onto a fresh
network also - you never know, more recent builds/technologies may work
far better without the oversized bundle of outdated legacy software clogging
up the network like black holes. Anyway, thats for the developers to
decide.

The news article on the front page of freenetproject.org is also a little
misleading - no, there has not been a fork, but the network is dividing
into a usable and stable single-build network, and a development network.

Basically, the nice simple fast 692 build running on the Production Network
will give a much better impression to new users. It allows quick insertion
and quick retrieval. In turn, I would imagine this will increase support
for the project. Then, if people want to play with the Development Network,
 they can do so - knowing that the Production Network will always be
there for them.

Cheers,
--Reskill