On Wed, Oct 15, 2003 at 08:53:07PM +0100, Roger Hayter wrote:
> One possible idea, though not necessarily a very good one, is to make
> the default freenet installation two separate nodes, one stable and one
> unstable (with standard ports to distinguish them).  Encourage people to
> use both for insertions (possibly simultaneously), and indeed to try
> both for accessing data (probably sequentially), but make them work on
> two mutually incompatible networks.  Configuration operations that made
> them small enough in resource terms to both fit on the average computer
> would be necessary, but this must be possible.  If the current Fred uses
> 120 to 300 MB rather than 12GB of memory, it must be possible to cut it
> to 50MB or so.
>
> OK, it might be confusing.
> --
> Roger Hayter

Perhaps with a coordinator process to share out FCP requests by sending
them to both nodes and returning success or failure? Perhaps even
running the two nodes in the same JVM to save memory, at the cost of one
exploding killing the other... In any case it's probably unrealistic at
the moment given our memory usage.

--
Matthew J Toseland - [EMAIL PROTECTED]