Martin Stone Davis wrote:

digital ch wrote:

Just an observation but it really seems like freenet needs a project manager.(I know... I know... along with more full time developers, servers, testers, etc)

For instance the issues that just popped up with the new unstable. I was one of those people who spent a couple of hours trying to figure out how I broke my node. All that was needed was a post to the newsgroups and a new message on the homepage and it would have been fine. But there was a serious lack of communication.

Considering that you are intentionally using an unstable version, I don't think that a couple of hours of confusion is a serious problem. Furthermore, you could have reduced the confusion to zero if you had been reading the CVS list (which is a pretty good idea since you're using unstable).

I take that back partially: there were no instructions in CVS as to what to do exactly. So, even reading that you would have gotten confused (as I did). But it was not 30 minutes later when Toad posted detailed instructions to devel. Prior to that, you could have asked Toad (as I did) on IRC://freenode/freenet.

Anyone using the unstable version should keep up with the latest stuff by reading CVS, DEVEL, and hanging around IRC://freenode/freenet.

If there was a communication problem, it may have been not making this fact clear enough.

-Martin