On Tue, Nov 04, 2003 at 01:11:07PM -0500, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Has anyone considered/volounteered to make an rpm of fred?  It will actually
> work on any rpm-based distro (suse, mandrake) because sun installs the jre from
> rpm in a distro-independent manner.
>
> It should be easily doable from the current tar.gz, the rpm would just check
> whether the jre is installed and would run update.sh after unpacking.
>
> Just to keep the flames burning, linux users can live without an installer which
> downloads the jre for them ;-pp

This would be really cool. Of course for the geeks using debian, we
would ideally need a package that depended on Kaffe 1.1.X where X is the
version where they fix NIO. That could then go (back) into the mainline
unstable debian repository, so all debian users can just do apt-get
install freenet-unstable (the current package of freenet is ancient and
doesn't work).
--
Matthew J Toseland - [EMAIL PROTECTED]