On Fri, Nov 07, 2003 at 06:23:17PM +0100, Some Guy wrote:
> As I said earlier this kind of delaying is unnessesary.  Private Cache + Premix
> removes any need
> to do this.

Does it? I thought that the list was collectively very concerned about
some widely ignored legal idea called "entrapment" ? :)

However, it increasingly appears that it is grossly impractical for a
node to try to conceal whether it has a file in it's cache... even the
try to fake the time it would take to get it from the next node idea has
problems... however, the new-nodes-getting-bad-estimates problem can be
solved by the new node having estimators passed on from the node we
would have routed to (either in the seednodes or in the StoreData that
added it to our references). Of course the problem then is that the
estimators passed might be grossly inaccurate, perhaps purposefully...
--
Matthew J Toseland - [EMAIL PROTECTED]