Zlatin Balevsky wrote:

We already know that old stuff is subject to that attack

No, we don't know if classic routing is. We suspect it might be to some degree, but we are not sure.

Fine, but that's not the point. The point is to make Joe User happy with stable so we don't kill off donations. Experiments with black holes in stable might make Joe mad.

-Martin

IF (<-- big "if") classical routing is vulnerable to black holes, then making it immune would be much easier than making NGR immune, because the only strength a black hole has in classical routing is that it never QRs. So all it will take to make classical immune is some tweaking of the backoff parameters.

and yes, joe user will be unhappy if we do it, but won't be happy
either if someone else ([RI|MP]AA | script kiddie) does it for us.