Interesting URL, I had seen some of that before...

Don't terrorist investigations require that an organization be already
proscribed? That is the main restraint on the more serious powers in the
2000 Act - proscription of an organization requires a vote in parliament.

The new powers then become rather alarming... according to the media,
the offence is that you said something that a reasonable person might
interpret as glorification of a terrorist act. If a terrorist act is
defined as broadly as in the 2000 Act, this could be anything from
motorway sabotage to GM crop destruction to hacktivism to the firemens'
strike a couple years back.

--
Matthew J Toseland - [EMAIL PROTECTED]