Freenet 0.7 build 1056 is now available (1055 is mandatory; sorry for the long
delay between making it available and announcing it, we've been busy). Please
upgrade. We are still interested in any difficulty you have with the
auto-update system; please report problems with that and any other bugs you
find.
1055 changelog:
- Major swapping algorithm changes to try to both prevent deliberate attacks
and progressive degeneration of the network caused by churn. Either way the
result would be large parts of the network clustered into very small parts of
the keyspace. We now randomize node locations every 2000 swaps, swap a bit
more widely, enforce the maximum swap HTL, and send swaps less frequently.
- Fix bug in metadata generation for larger freesites, report invalid metadata
as invalid metadata rather than a temp space error, and allow more files to
be cached in the container cache.
- Hopefully fix the CSS filter bugs relating to negative offsets.
- Always write some critical config options to disk, so they can be easily
changed.
- Datastore recovery improvements.
- Various synchronization/concurrency fixes, minor optimisations, diagnostics,
and debugging-related changes (logging etc).
1056 and 1055:
- Require a new freenet-ext.jar (#17), which includes an updated database
engine.
Also lots of work on the various Summer of Code projects by our students,
including unit tests, the new searching system, JFK (new link crypto), the
Echo blog engine, and some simulations. Several of these items will be
releasable in the not too distant future.