* Matthew Toseland <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2008-02-18 10:59:53]:

> On Sunday 17 February 2008 01:30, Tommy[D] wrote:
> > Florent Daignière schrieb:
> > | * Matthew Toseland <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2008-02-16 23:45:00]:

> > | No it doesn't. It's not like if freenet-ext was cleanly buildable
> > | anywhere but on emu ;)
> > |
> > After checkout from emu it was buildable on gentoo systems. ;)
>
> It ought to be buildable from non-emu, from the google SVN. Is there any easy
> way to make this feasible?

No.

I wish building two cross-compilers could be made easy but it can't. There is
no way the average joe can do it himself... And I'm not going to spend any
time towards easing the process. WorksForMe is good enough :p

Building -ext has always been tricky. I've simplified the process when we
switched to emu/svn but there is still a lot to be done for it to qualify as
"being easy".

At some point I've suggested to split -ext per arch to remove the dependancy
on cross-compilers... but as the proposal has been rejected (some people
objected that it would introduce more complexity : it's still unclear to me
where that introduced complexity would come from but... anyway...)

I've lost interest in working on that part of the code.
As long as I'll be building the jars it will remain like that
but if someone else volunteers to do it things can change ;)

NextGen$