* Colin Davis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2008-03-05 17:13:22]:

> As a ignorant user, I think that's as a general principal, Freenet
> should try to be as browser agnostic as possible..
>
> 1) Firefox may not be the dominant browser down the line- Freenet
> shouldn't constantly chase the tale of different browsers.
> 2) Most users don't use Firefox currently.  Most general web users still
> use IE or Safari, depending on what their PC shipped with.
> 3) Freenet is a server process, and optimization shouldn't suffer unless
> absolutely necessary over a network.
> 4) It's considered "impolite" to modify settings in programs that you
> didn't ship.  You don't want Freenet to get a reputation as a invading
> your system.
> 5) I think there may be other ways to fix the problem.

Which ones ? The one you propose below can't work.

> One of the way to get around the persistent connection limit is to
> connect to Freenet on multiple hostnames, or DNS addresses.

Isn't it a per-ip setting ? I don't see the point of limiting the number
of simultaneous connections at all if it's not on a per ip basis.

> For example, if Freenet is running on the local system, the URLS on the
> page could be given multiple ways.

How do you detect it's running on the local system ? What if it isn't ?

NextGen$