2008/12/31 Matthew Toseland <t...@amphibian.dyndns.org>:
> The real browser-related issues are these:
> 1. Security: Browser history is accessible via javascript. There is no way to
> keep sites out of the browser history.

What about the new privacy mode in the Firefox 3.1 betas, or in the
current version of Safari?

> 2. Performance: Freenet requests can take a long time. If the requests
> are "blocking", then the default browser connection limits are a big problem.

Doesn't the "loading page" feature that we've already decided to do
take care of this?

> There are 3 basic options AFAICS:

I don't really like any of these, it seems like we are trying to
address shortcomings in other people's software - and in the process
creating major usability problems and diverting a lot of dev effort.

I think *by far* the best solution would be to encourage users to use
a web browser that supports a privacy mode, that way the web browsers
get to worry about this, and we can focus on core functionality,
rather than tinkering around with XUL and Javascript (and pissing off
our users in the process).

Ian.

--
Ian Clarke