Am Donnerstag 23 April 2009 09:25:15 schrieb xor:
> [...]

So why don't you take the approach of filesystems and add an option where the
message list SSK can contain a link to a CHK which contains all message CHK
URIs?

(that's what ext2 does with inodes to support almost arbitrarily large files,
though each inodes is only 4k in size)

If the efficiency of CHKs should rise by more than a factor of 2 when using
the large URI instead of non-republishable URIs, freetalk will even profit
from this (ping time wise).

But I don't know the implementation details of freetalk, so I don't know if
this is a possible option for you.

Best wishes,
Arne
--