On Tue, 12 May 2009 13:45:49 -0600 Zero3 <ze...@zerosplayground.dk>
wrote:

>> 2nd Install, with java pre-installed (32/64 bit)
>>
>> 1. Freenet installer as Administrator
>> 2. Java detected, taking default install options
>
>Did the installer correctly detect your 64-bit Java installation?
>I thought it didn't do that last time?

No, it detected the 32 bit only.

>> 6. Up and running. One small oddity, I accessed the same index
>page
>> as above, but this time I had to go to it three times to get the
>> latest, most current version. Will this cause confusion with new
>> users that they sometimes can get old content from the main
>page?
>Was it a very old version, or the second latest? Your node
probably
>found the second latest version first, and transparently replaced
>it with the latest one once it stumbled upon it. This is quite
>normal. It shouldn't happen for long though, as all nodes should
>update their copies as soon as they "hear about" the new one.

What I thought odd was that it actually updated to a newer version
twice. So rather than jump from an old edition to the latest, it
hit an intermediate one on the way.

>> 7. Not installer related, but.... upon uninstalling w/ option to
>do
>> survey, the survey errored out with: "Something bad happened.
>Don't
>> worry, though. The Spreadsheets Team has been notified and we'll
>> get right on it." This was from IE as it is still set as the
>> default browser. (but not for long)
>
>Sounds like an error from Google (who hosts the survey
>spreadsheet).
>Should fix itself once they figure out what's wrong.
>
>- Zero3

One other thing, When the uninstaller runs, it does not remove the
freenet user it created. I had multiple users named freenet,
freenet.001, freenet.002 etc.

--
Click now to find great remedies for hangovers!

http://tagline.hushmail.com/fc/BLSrjkqgbosfv6exDo267TAOeZk0jO08ZuqcrGR1xUsPmLVOqjezTaJ1bTS/