On Saturday 23 May 2009 11:04:12 Arne Babenhauserheide wrote:

> > > You want to encourage people to shut down? IMHO the best way to do that
> > > is with a system tray icon.
> >
> > Hum, in all application you can always exit the application in one click. I
> > know freenet needs people to run it as long as they can, but hidding the
> > shutdown button is not a solution (we don't want to force them to run
> > freenet, do we ? ;) )
>
> Why not just add a pause button to the ones on the start page?

Because we haven't implemented pause yet? :) But yes, it's a good idea.

> The stop and restart buttons currently are on the first page.
>
> But maybe all these options could be moved to a "manage your node" or
> "maintenance" page.

Perhaps, or perhaps we need a status line, which could include simple vs
advanced mode, color coded security levels, pause vs un-pause, shutdown,
restart, language selector, and a count of non-serious alerts? This would not
take up very much space vertically and could probably be manageable
horizontally.

> Configuration, Statistics and Reachability could also go there.

Yes, this probably makes sense.

> As addition: I think up- and downloads should be called up- and downloads -
> regardless of how queuey they are :)

Agreed.

> Then they should also have a "download key" field like the one on the start
> page. It could differ from teh one on teh start page by always downloading to
> the download folder.

Yes. Although we already have "Bulk Downloads", and we don't want to get rid of
it ... maybe better document it?

"Bulk Downloads" ->
"Download files by key" ???

And then on the Browse Freenet page,