I've successfully (I think?) branched the master branch of
wininstaller-staging at github to a new beta branch. This branch now
contains the upcoming Windows tray icon.

Please feel free to test. Even small fixes like spelling and grammar is
more than welcome (because mine suck ;)).

Source: http://github.com/freenet/wininstaller-staging/tree/beta
Binary: http://privat.zero3.dk/FreenetInstaller_Beta.exe (old jars,
seednodes, translations and so on. Not meant for anything but testing)

The update.cmd script will soon need to support the updating of various
helper executables, most importantly freenetlauncher.exe, but if
possible, all of them.

(Are these on the website somewhere yet Matthew? Along with a plan of
how they are kept up-to-date...)

If update.cmd tries to update bin\freenettray.exe, it should first do
something like:

taskkill /IM freenettray.exe
if not errorlevel 1 <remember to start it again afterwards>

(... as we can't update running Windows executables)

- Zero3