Matthew Toseland skrev:
> tried 1231 installer on a windows system:
>
> freenet installer pops up before java installer has finished. is this a
> problem?

It shouldn't be a problem. The wininstaller waits for the JRE online
installer to return before popping back up. Unfortunately, it returns
before it is actually done installing the JRE (the rest is apparently
done in a forked process or something). Poor coding on Sun's part...

As an extra precaution (besides checking the registry for correct JRE
version info, and waiting for the JRE installer to return), the
installer will not pop back up before the main runtime library exists in
the JRE install folder. I've done a race condition test on this without
any apparent problems.

- Zero3