On Fri, 23 Oct 2009 23:51:56 +0100, Matthew Toseland
<t...@amphibian.dyndns.org> wrote:
> WELCOME SCREEN:

IMHO: Remove it. If needed, add a "Configure manually" button in the corner
of the rest of the wizard pages. 1 click saved.

> If we are browsing in incognito mode, we have a shorter warning:

IMHO: Don't bother the user when he is doing the right thing. He is safe,
so let him in without questions. 1 click saved.

> Unfortunately starting Chrome with the incognito flag does not reliably
> ensure the window is opened in incognito mode - if Chrome is already
> running, it will open it in a non-incognito window/tab. So at the moment
> this is turned off. So afaics we are waiting for Google to fix it?
Firefox
> is likely to have similar issues based on my experience with profiles,
> although it may be possible to work around that with -no-remote. Does
FF3.5
> have an equivalent of incognito mode?

We are indeed waiting for Google to fix it. I'm keeping an eye on their bug
tracker. Regarding FF, we are awaiting a command line option to use private
browsing which will be implemented in 3.6
(https://developer.mozilla.org/en/Command_Line_Options#-private).

> AUTO UPDATE AND PLUGINS

IMHO: Default to autoupdate without asking (on Windows and Mac - should be
off on Linux when installed from a package). Nodes will quickly be locked
out of the network if they don't update, rendering their nodes useless. 1
click saved.

> WELCOME:

IMHO: Remove this page and show it as some kind of status message on the
fproxy main page. 1 click saved.

- Zero3