Ian Clarke skrev:
> I think our current problem is that despite our best efforts, the
> current UI is built "from the code forward", rather than "from the user
> back", and as such I think it is fundamentally flawed.  Despite how much
> we try, I think it is very difficult for us to put ourselves in the
> shoes of an ordinary Freenet user, we are already too immersed in the
> concepts and jargon of Freenet.

One of the main issues (IMHO) is that modifying the current GUI is
nearly impossible as a contributing user. There are no theme templates
available to easily play around with. Last I heard was that you have to
actually recompile Freenet if you want to make any GUI changes besides
smallish CSS hacks :/.

I think we have a long standing bug report somewhere about the
implementation of a theming engine...

- Zero3 (who is now writing from a new mail account)