Hey

Thanks for the feedback :).

~200 context switches per second (or whatever interval we are talking
about here) does sound like a lot in light of how little work the tray
icon has when idling. This is not a problem at all for modern CPUs
though. Note that Chrome - one of the lightest browsers available - in
that screenshot triggers 10x this number (not meant as an excuse, but
rather to illustrate how small a number we are talking about).

What the tray icon actually does when idle is to check the service
status and look for a killfile every 5 seconds.

I suspect that the cause of these context switches are the timer for
these check. I'm not entirely sure how the timers are implemented in
Autohotkey (the language the tray manager is coded in), but chances are
that the implementation is less-than-ideal for our purpose.

Nevertheless, we are (IMHO) talking very fine details here. In the
perfect world, with unlimited time, it might be worth looking into. But
in the real world, there are so many more important things to work at
than worrying about a couple of hundred context switches :).

- Zero3