On Sun, Dec 13, 2009 at 6:08 PM, Ian Clarke <ian.cla...@gmail.com> wrote:
> As a test, I attempted to upload a 1GB avi file through FProxy.  It
> then proceeded to spend (at least) 20 minutes trying to compress it -
> I say "at least" because I killed it before it was done.
>
> Of course, attempting to compress an already compressed file is
> completely fruitless.
>
> What gives?

LZMA is slow.  If you don't want the file to be compressed, there's a checkbox.

Making a good filesharing program is a complex project.  I'm not
convinced that program should be FProxy.  I firmly believe there are a
number of other things that should come before fixing up the FProxy
UI, even if you just limit yourself to filesharing stuff.

Evan Daniel