On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 7:39 PM, Martin 'The Bishop' Scheffler
<the_bis...@web.de> wrote:
> On Thursday 11 February 2010 21:30:06 bo-le wrote:
>> Am Donnerstag, 11. Februar 2010 18:21:44 schrieb Martin 'The Bishop'
>>
>> Scheffler:
>> > hello freenetters,
>> >
>> > i intend to write an external tool to request and insert raw keys, very
>> >  much like the KeyExplorer does inside the node.
>> >
>> > I've overlooked the FCPv2 documentation, but found no clue.
>> > so, how do i get access to the raw data - without redirects, manifests et
>> >  al?
>> >
>> > good byte
>>
>> 'single block raw get',.., 'splitfileget from deep in container' can be
>> exposed via fcp(plugin talking with KeyExplorer/KeyUtils), this should not
>>  be a problem.
> "can be exposed" means it is not so far?
>
>> A 'raw single block inserter' can be added too.
> same question.
>
>> http://github.com/saces/KeyUtils
>> http://github.com/saces/KeyUtils/issues
> well, i will try this.
>
> but anyway, i think it should go to the core functionality of FCPv2. i need to
> have full control over freenet data without more dependencies than installing
> fred.
>
> good byte
>
> p.s. the main reason for this request is that i am disappointed with the
> splitfile handling code inside fred. and i want to do it better without java
> ;)

What are you trying to change?  Splitfile internals shouldn't be part
of the Freenet API, imho.  If you're trying to do better reporting of
the status of blocks to the user or something, then that should be
added to FCP and exposed, not the internals.  If you're actually
trying to handle splitfiles outside of Fred, I think that's a bad
idea.  For example, I'm currently working on the math for changes to
the splitfile internals.  Having external programs in use that hook
deeply into the splitfile code would mean that improving splitfiles
would break things, which is a bad position to be in.

(Also, your mail client seems to be breaking the threading for me.)

Evan Daniel