On Wednesday 08 December 2010 01:08:51 David ‘Bombe’ Roden wrote:
> On Wednesday 08 December 2010 00:44:51 Ed Tomlinson wrote:
>
> > But as you said previously no one uses darknet.  How about a semi open net
> > that uses a WOT attribute to decide what nodes to trust?
>
> That would allow a direct connection between a WoT identity and an IP address—
> unless I understood you incorrectly.

Sure.  Thats why I said a WOT attribute.  Some of your identies would be
completely
hidden but the one for the 'greynet' would have to eventually be resolveable to
an IP.
This could be made into a question for the node owner.  eg.  The following
nodes want
to connect via greynet do you trust them?  Maybe the requesting node could send
some
info (a message with verifable info - I am xxx on yyy with WOT verifing) along
witht the
request.

The issue with darknet has always been find enough nodes to trust.  Using WOT we
_might_ be able to automate this, at least to some extent.  Question then
becomes
is using this idea better than opennet?

Ed

greynet = darknet with nodes found via a WOT.